Health and Safety
Huber Technology is committed to best practice in all matters relating to health and safety at work and is passionate about its people. Our approach is one of responsibility towards employees and anyone else who may be affected by our activities. Our aim is to develop a culture whereby the achievement of health and safety objectives will be regarded as an integral part of the success of our business. Working together to achieve this, each department or business segment shall:
- Recognise the importance of effective health & safety management as part of daily business process, including the management of occupational health issues, absenteeism and employee well-being.
- Acknowledge that strong leadership at director and senior management level is necessary to achieve and maintain a safe place of work and to deliver best practice.
- Identify cost effective solutions to manage workplace Health and Safety risks in line with our legal obligations and business requirements.
- Understand that consultation with, and participation of, employees is the basis for success regarding effective Health and Safety management.
- Agree and establish clear roles and responsibilities for safety at all levels within each function. Directors and executives, who are accountable in law for safety performance, need to ensure that safety responsibilities are assigned throughout their management line.
- Ensure that all employees are provided with adequate information, instruction and training, which will identify any health and safety risks associated with their work and the precautions they must take to ensure safety. This shall include regular consultation with employees on significant matters relating to health and safety at work.
- Establish standards and continuously review the safety performance of contractors, consultants and temporary workers to ensure that safe working practices become the norm. Arrangements shall also be in place to ensure that contractors and consultants establish similar standards and review the safety performance of any sub-contractors they appoint to work on behalf of Huber Technology.
- Establish health and safety plans, targets and objectives. Performance against safety plans will be monitored in order to promote organisational learning and continuous improvement. Output from safety performance reviews and trends in safety performance will be communicated to employees via discussion groups or team briefings.
- Bring this Policy Statement to the attention of all employees and seek their co-operation in supporting Huber Technology management in its efforts to achieve and maintain a healthy and accident free work place.
Health & safety performance and key issues will be reported to the Chief Executive on a quarterly basis. In addition the undersigned will carry out a formal review of this Policy Statement and its associated procedures within two years.